qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running a custom function every cycle

From: Karim Yehia Elghamrawy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running a custom function every cycle
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:17:00 -0800

Hi, I am new to qemu and I was wondering if it is possible to have my own custom function to run every CPU cycle. Basically I am trying to invoke the pmemsave command (or the underlying function) each CPU cycle. I have been reading about the singlestep mode. It seems interesting because it raises an execption every inctruction/cycle. Since there is not enough documentation, I am not sure where to put my source code that I would like to run on the singlestep mode. Another question is, does this singlemode work with qemu that has kvm support?

Thanks.