qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BUG: QEMU aborts when setting breakpoint in gdb (bisect

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BUG: QEMU aborts when setting breakpoint in gdb (bisected)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:13:16 +0100

Il 06/11/2013 19:39, Michael S. Tsirkin ha scritto:
> Because this will affect performance in unpredicatable way.

It's not really unpredictable.  It can be easily unit-tested, and anyway
the targets with 64-bit address spaces don't have any particular
performance problem.

> We can't make such changes in 1.7 IMHO:
> it would need much more than just a quick "works for me".

I can say the same about phys_page_find.  It's been obviously broken for
years and nobody ever cared, it cannot be super-urgent now to fix it.

Paolo