qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [v2, 4/4] qemu-char: add missing characters used in key

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [v2, 4/4] qemu-char: add missing characters used in keymaps
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:10:48 +0400

05.11.2013 19:26, Jan Krupa wrote:
On 11/01/2013 11:00 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
[]
Except of one question.  Where we add these entries?  Should we maybe
sort the table somehow, or introduce some more groups of chars?

(I'm fine with applying this to qemu-trivial as-is).

I agree with sorting those entries to groups. But I think this is not a
straightforward task without completely rewriting the current groups
which seems to be a bit chaotic. Maybe what would be a good inspiration
is this libxkbcommon header file (which was probably used as a base data
for the current vnc_keysym.h, too):

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxkbcommon/tree/xkbcommon/xkbcommon-keysyms.h

We can convert it into vnc_keysym.h retaining the groups used in
libxkbcommon, there. If you agree I can prepare patch for review.

After a brief discussion with Anthony I think there's no need to do
that at this time, due to a possibility to sort this all (not just
the entries, but whole kbd stuff) using entirely different way.

But I still think it is worth to apply this series for 1.7.

Anthony, can you comment please?  Are you willing to accept new keyboard
layout plus a few mods required for it and for other, existing, layouts
to function, together with a possibility to use base unicode chars (Unnnn)?

It all can go away in 1.8 or later when proper keyboard handling
hopefully will be in place...

Thanks,

/mjt