qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot failure: MinGW

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot failure: MinGW
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:00:13 +0100

On So, 2013-11-24 at 11:21 +0100, Stefan Weil wrote:
> Am 22.11.2013 13:51, schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
> >   Hi,

> > I don't think it is a good idea to run tests for cross builds by
> > default.
> >
> > cheers,
> >   Gerd
>
> Why not?

Because making them run requires extra setup effort on the host which
you can't assume is there.

> In this case (MinGW), setting up cross builds is rather easy,
> and also testing them with Wine seems to be easy and successful: it
> detects the current coroutine problem, for example.

It makes sense to be able to run those checks on wine, no question.  But
simply assuming wine is there and run them unconditionally isn't a good
idea IMHO.

I think we should either have "make check" autodetect whenever wine is
present, or have a separate make target for tests which require wine
which is not run by default.

cheers,
  Gerd