qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v5 2/5] hw/arm/digic: prepare DIGIC-based boards s

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v5 2/5] hw/arm/digic: prepare DIGIC-based boards support
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 07:59:48 +0000

On 5 December 2013 00:25, Peter Crosthwaite
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But the bootloader does this already. We have support for board
> configurable secondary bootloops. Is this as simple as supporting
> board configurable primary boot fragments?
>
> arm_boot needs to be patched to do its bootstrap magic with no -kernel
> arg I guess.

I'd really rather not extend the arm_boot code to more usage cases
if I can avoid it. It's really intended for loading kernels. In this case
the thing being loaded really is a ROM image, and the correct way
to handle this is to make the board model behave the same way
the hardware does and make the ROM image sit at the same place
in the memory map that the real ROM image does.

thanks
-- PMM