qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Enabling Travis for the QEMU Mirror?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Enabling Travis for the QEMU Mirror?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:45:55 +0000

On 18 December 2013 11:32, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now we have a .travis.yml merged into master can we enable Travis to run
> in the QEMU mirror on github (https://github.com/qemu/qemu)? I'm happy
> to talk who ever controls that repo through the process

That would be Anthony, I think.

> but it's fairly simple. From the commit:
>
> "This adds a build matrix definition for travis-ci.org continuous
> integration service. It is usable on any public repository hosted on
> GitHub. Once you have created an account signed into Travis you can
> enable it on selected projects via travis-ci.org/profile. Alternatively
> you can configure the service hooks on GitHub via the repository
> Settings tab,then Service Hooks and selecting Travis."
>
> Basically you just need to go to http://travis-ci.org and click the
> "Sign in with GitHub" link and your up and running. It's super easy.

So this would get us I guess automatic build tests and a page
somewhere with current status, right? We might want to talk
about automated email-on-build-failure at some later point but
running it without that to start seems a good first step.

Do you have a link to a results page for what this looks like?
(IIRC you've enabled it for your private repo).

thanks
-- PMM