qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ARM] Unused OMAP NAND support - can we remove?

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ARM] Unused OMAP NAND support - can we remove?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:47:23 +1000

Hi Peter,

I'm trying to apply a QOMification change pattern to NAND and I notice
that OMAP gpmc has NAND support. However no one is using it - there
are no calls to the omap_gpmc_attach_nand, nor does the code call
nand_init, leaving me to believe this is dead code. The fact that it
is so far out of stylistic date makes me think its best deleted and
can be updated and re-added later if wanted. Otherwise I need to apply
my change pattern to dead code which is not ideal.

Any thoughts?

$ git grep omap_gpmc_attach_nand
hw/misc/omap_gpmc.c:void omap_gpmc_attach_nand(struct omap_gpmc_s *s,
int cs, DeviceState *n
include/hw/arm/omap.h:void omap_gpmc_attach_nand(struct omap_gpmc_s
*s, int cs, DeviceState
$

Regards,
Peter