qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU detachable overlays and Union Mounts

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU detachable overlays and Union Mounts
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:20:07 +0800

On Jan 10, 2014 1:52 PM, "kausik pal" <address@hidden> wrote:
> If the above mentioned QEMU/KVM overlay feature can be made into existence then we can bring out a cost effective VDI management or VM management solution that can compete with the commercial vendors.

It's an interesting problem to solve. I suspect others would find detachable overlays useful too.

I hope you want to develop this feature as open source software.

It's also in scope for a Google Summer of Code project. In that case a student could work on the project for 12 weeks during the summer. More requirements and design details need to be fleshed out before it can be packaged as a GSoC project idea though.

Let me know if GSoC sounds like a good route to create this feature. Not sure if it fits your timeframe.