qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Stuck at Win7 splash screen

From: Gabriel L. Somlo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Stuck at Win7 splash screen
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:53:49 -0500

Gerd,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 from the 32bit DVD image using this
command line:

    bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4096 \
      -cdrom ~/Downloads/Iso/Win7_32.iso -hda win7.img -boot once=d

and the process freezes at the splash screen (black background,
colored blobs flying around forming the Windows logo, then
crickets...)

I tried running a bisect and apparently this started happening with
commit 6eefccc0bb9c34051b1e21880fc3a1c1c8686edd.

I observed the same thing happening with the 64bit Win7 DVD image,
bud did NOT redo the whole bisect process with that one as well.

Any idea what the problem may be, or should I use a different set
of command-line arguments ?

Thanks,
--Gabriel