qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Using virtio-net and vhost_net on an ARM machine using

From: Ying-Shiuan Pan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Using virtio-net and vhost_net on an ARM machine using qemu-system-arm & KVM
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:37:39 +0800

Hi, Barak,

Hope the following info can help you

1.
HOST:
branch: v3.10-arndale
config: arch/arm/configs/exynos5_arndale_defconfig
dtb: arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250-arndale.dtb
rootfs: Ubuntu 13.10

GUEST:
Official 3.12
config: arch/arm/configs/vexpress_defconfig  with virtio-devices enabled
dtb: arch/arm/boot/dts/vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dtb
rootfs: Ubuntu 12.04

2.
We are still developing it in progress and will try to open source asap.
The main purpose of that patch is to introduce the ioeventfd into kvm-arm

3. as mentioned in 1.

4. qemu-1.6.0

5. We ported part of guest/host notifiers of virtio-pci to virtio-mmio

6. /usr/bin/qemu-system-arm -enable-kvm -kernel /root/nfs/zImage -m 128 --machine vexpress-a15 -cpu cortex-a15 -drive file=/root/nfs/guest-1G-precise-vm1.img,id=virtio-blk,if=none,cache=none -device virtio-blk-device,drive=virtio-blk -append "earlyprintk=ttyAMA0 console=ttyAMA0 root=/dev/vda rw ip=192.168.101.101::192.168.101.1:vm1:eth0:off --no-log" -dtb /root/nfs/vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dtb --nographic -chardev socket,id=mon,path=/root/vm1.monitor,server,nowait -mon chardev=mon,id=monitor,mode=readline -device virtio-net-device,netdev=net0,mac="52:54:00:12:34:01" -netdev type=tap,id=net0,script=/root/nfs/net.sh,downscript=no,vhost=off

vhost-net could be truned on by changing the last parameter vhost=on.

--
Ying-Shiuan Pan,
H Div., CCMA, ITRI, TW

----