qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] outlined TLB lookup on x86

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] outlined TLB lookup on x86
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:28:31 +0000

On 21 January 2014 14:22, Xin Tong <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have found that adding a small (8-entry) fully associative victim
> TLB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_Cache) before the refill path
> (page table walking) improves the performance of QEMU x86_64 system
> emulation mode significantly on the specint2006 benchmarks. This is
> primarily due to the fact that the primary TLB is directly mapped and
> suffer from conflict misses. I have this implemented on QEMU trunk and
> would like to contribute this back to QEMU. Where should i start ?

The wiki page http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch
tries to describe our usual process for reviewing code
submissions. If you make sure your changes follow the
guidelines described there and then send them to the mailing
list as a series of patch emails in the right format, we
can start reviewing the code.

thanks
-- PMM