qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Intel AVX instructions

From: Xin Tong
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Intel AVX instructions
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:35:56 -0600

It seems that BOCHS have AVX instructions support in interpreter. I am
thinking an easy/reliable way to do this would be generate helper
calls to emulate every AVX instruction and follow how BOCHS emulates
them. Then depending on the expected frequency and difficulties, one
can decide whether to move some of the instructions into TCG JITted
code ?

Also, it would be desirable to use the MMX/SSE structures and
functions that already exist in QEMU target-i386/translate.c

please comment.

Xin