qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Emulating Ethernet controller based on Cortex-A15 platf

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Emulating Ethernet controller based on Cortex-A15 platforms
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 22:05:17 +0000

On 25 January 2014 19:47, rajan pathak <address@hidden> wrote:
> There is no specific reason going for this particular model of Ethernet
> controller.
>
> Its just that I wanted to learn it and off late I worked with Key Stone SoC

If this is a learning exercise in how to write QEMU device models
rather than a specific requirement for this exact ethernet controller,
you may find it better to look at adding some missing device to
one of our existing board models. This will:
 (a) be a much simpler and smaller piece of work, because you only
     need to implement a single device, not an entire large and
     complex SoC
 (b) be useful to other people who are already using
     that QEMU board model

Or you could model a PCI ethernet card, which will then be
usable with any QEMU board which has a PCI controller
(this is less generally useful to the community though since
we already have several good PCI ethernet card models).

thanks
-- PMM