qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [uq/master PATCH 0/7] x86 CPU subclasses, take 7

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [uq/master PATCH 0/7] x86 CPU subclasses, take 7
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 12:30:17 +0100

Am 30.01.2014 22:47, schrieb Paolo Bonzini:
> Il 30/01/2014 20:48, Eduardo Habkost ha scritto:
>> Is there any hope to get this into QEMU 2.0, or it is now too late? I got
>> almost no feedback on take 6 (submitted November 27).
>
> It's not too late, not for me at least.  I wanted to send the next
> uq/master pull request tomorrow or Tuesday, after I've done some more
> testing on enlightenments.  I can squeeze this in too.

Negative, not without my review. It's clearly a CPU series, and apart
from having been on vacation pretty much all of December, Eduardo and
others have objected to my subclass series the last 2 *years*, so 2
months is peanuts by comparison.

Further, I was under the impression that this series depends on Igor's
feature property series, which I haven't found time to rework and
haven't noticed anyone else do either. So if there's no prereqs (why
uq/master?) I'll happily start reviewing and queuing it.

As Eduardo points out below the commit message in the final patch, his
conversion is very similar to one of my earlier patch series, so
committing that with Eduardo as author via uq/master without crediting
me via uq/master would leave a bad taste.

Regards,
Andreas