qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF with q35 (was: osx bootloader)

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF with q35 (was: osx bootloader)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 18:38:26 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014, Alexander Graf wrote:
Easiest is probably to attach gdb and get a backtrace to see who accesses that
port.

Only if I knew how to do that... I can start qemu with -s and attach gdb to it but how to get symbols for the OVMF.fd file and how to set the breakpoint? I've tried gdb OVMF.fd but it cannot load it directly. I've also found *.debug files in the edk2/Build directory but they are only for parts of the whole fw image and none of them seems to be for the part which defines the IoRead32 function. Does anyone know how to debug OVMF firmware running in qemu?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan