qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] WfW setup and DOS display.sys hanging

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] WfW setup and DOS display.sys hanging
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 20:47:04 +0100

Hi Gerd,

Am 09.01.2014 um 00:20 hat Sebastian geschrieben:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed in newer versions of Qemu (Debian Jessie) a regression
> causing DISPLAY.SYS from MS-DOS 6.22 to hang the system as soon as
> loaded.

now that you sent a pull request for a SeaBIOS update, I tried what
would happen with this one. Sadly, while it does fix my hanging Win 7
boot, DOS still hangs while loading display.sys.

Any ideas where to look, or are you going to have a look yourself? When
I tried to debug it a while ago, I didn't see anything obvious, but then
I didn't invest that much time for it either.

I haven't tried out any of the other cases described below.

Kevin