qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap f

From: Marcin Gibuła
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap file entry
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:29:48 +0100

do you use xbzrle for live migration ?

no - i'm really stucked right now with this. Biggest problem i can't
reproduce with test machines ;-(

Only being able to test on your production VMs isn't fun;
is it possible or you to run an extra program on these VMs - e.g.
if we came up with a simple (userland) memory test?

You mean to reproduce?

I already tried https://code.google.com/p/stressapptest/ while migrating
on a test VM but this works fine.

I also tried running mysql bench while migrating on a test vm and this
works too ;-(

Have you tried to let test VM run idle for some time before migrating? (like 18-24 hours)

Having the same (or very similar) problem, I had bigger luck with reproducing it by not using freshly started VMs.

--
mg