qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap f

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap file entry
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:19:51 +0100

Il 07/02/2014 14:04, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG ha scritto:
first of all i've now a memory image of a VM where i can reproduce it.

You mean you start that VM with -incoming 'exec:cat /path/to/vm.img'? But google stress test doesn't report any error until you start migration _and_ it finishes?

That sounds good enough. Can you upload the image somewhere (doesn't have to be a public place, you can contact David or others offlist)?

reproducing does NOT work if i boot the VM freshly i need to let it run
for some hours.

Then just when the migration finishes there is a short time frame where
the google stress app reports memory errors than when the migration
finishes it runs fine again.

It seems to me it is related to pause and unpause/resume?

> - with Unix migration between two QEMUs on the same host
now tested => same issue

> - with different hosts
already tested => same issue

> - with a different network (e.g. just a cross cable between two machines)
already tested => same issue

Another test:

- start the VM with -S, migrate, do errors appear on the destination?

Thanks,

Paolo