qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Speed disk virtio

From: XliN
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Speed disk virtio
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 12:07:53 +0400

08.02.2014 03:55, Brian Jackson пишет:
What latest? There are a few different places to get drivers (Fedora
site, RHEL subscription, build yourself, etc). From the graphs, it looks
like the speed isn't too bad at times. But it's hard to tell with the
information you've given about your particular config. I mean 50MB/s
isn't bad for a single rotating disk on raw storage. But we don't know
what kind of setup you have since you didn't tell us.
What data you want from me? Tell me and I will give. I just started learning about this virtualization and please write more.

Drivers download http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/

All images of guest systems are in folders in a file raw format. Centos host on LVM

Settings made ​​only

address@hidden ~]# cat /etc/sysctl.conf
# Kernel sysctl configuration file for Red Hat Linux
#
# For binary values, 0 is disabled, 1 is enabled.  See sysctl(8) and
# sysctl.conf(5) for more details.

# Controls IP packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0

# Controls source route verification
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1

# Do not accept source routing
net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_source_route = 0

# Controls the System Request debugging functionality of the kernel
kernel.sysrq = 0

# Controls whether core dumps will append the PID to the core filename.
# Useful for debugging multi-threaded applications.
kernel.core_uses_pid = 1

# Controls the use of TCP syncookies
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1

# Disable netfilter on bridges.
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1

#########
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 3000
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 5
vm.dirty_ratio = 15
vm.swappiness = 100

#########

# Controls the default maxmimum size of a mesage queue
kernel.msgmnb = 65536

# Controls the maximum size of a message, in bytes
kernel.msgmax = 65536

# Controls the maximum shared segment size, in bytes
kernel.shmmax = 68719476736

# Controls the maximum number of shared memory segments, in pages
kernel.shmall = 4294967296