qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 2.0 release schedule proposal

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 2.0 release schedule proposal
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:48:14 +0100

It's time to agree on the QEMU 2.0 release schedule so we can make a
release within the next 2-3 months.

The following proposal is the output of IRC discussion.  Juan figured
out the dates and got feedback from several of us.  Speak up if you
have concerns about the dates.

Anthony: Please confirm whether you will perform the release process,
or if someone should be trained to run the scripts/tests and sign the
tarball?

RC3: Aprl 2, Release April 4th

---

== Release Schedule ==

{| border="1"
| 2013-12-17
| Beginning of 2.0 development phase
|-
| 2014-01-22
| Mid-point of development cycle
|-
| 2014-02-26
| [[Planning/SoftFeatureFreeze|Soft feature freeze]].  All features
should have patches on the list by this date; major features should
have initial code committed.
|-
| 2014-03-12
| [[Planning/HardFeatureFreeze|Hard feature freeze]].  Tag v2.0.0-rc0,
only bug fixes committed after this point
|-
| 2014-03-19
| Tag v2.0.0-rc1
|-
| 2014-03-26
| Tag v2.0.0-rc2
|-
| 2014-04-02
| Tag v2.0.0-rc3
|-
| 2014-04-04
| Tag v2.0.0
|}

== Known issues ==

== Targeted Features ==

See the [[ChangeLog/2.0]] for full details.