qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] timer issue on 1.7.0 and later

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] timer issue on 1.7.0 and later
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:20:08 +0000

On 13 February 2014 16:09, Alex Bligh <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suspect the issue is not walking the lists, but calling
> qemu_notify, breaking out of mainloop select etc. etc.; that
> happens on a timer_modify but not on a timer_del. We could
> fix this so that it only happened if the timer's expiry
> time was reduced in timer_mod (I think).

Surely you only want to do all that work if the fiddling
with the timer means the next most immediate deadline
has changed? If you have two timers, and A is going to
expire before B, then even reducing B's expiry time shouldn't
trigger renotifying unless it's reduced so much it will
expire before A.

thanks
-- PMM