qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Make virtio-net.c ring size configurable?

From: Luke Gorrie
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Make virtio-net.c ring size configurable?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:43:14 +0100

Howdy!

Observation: virtio-net.c hard-codes the vring size to 256 buffers.

Could this reasonably be made configurable, or would that be likely to cause a problem?

In Snabb Switch we are creating a 1:1 mapping between Virtio-net descriptors and VMDq hardware receive descriptors. The VMDq queues support 32768 buffers and I'd like to match this on the QEMU/Virtio-net side -- or at least come close.

Cheers!
-Luke