qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] PowerPC Decimal Floating Point

From: Tom Musta
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] PowerPC Decimal Floating Point
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:22:07 -0600

On 2/14/2014 3:22 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:

>> I think that approach makes a lot of sense, but let's ask Richard and Peter
>> as well.
>
> Reasonable, as far as the implementation details go.
>
> I am a teeny bit concerned which version of libdecnumber is considered most
> "upstream".  Ordinarily I'd point to the copy in gcc, but that is of course
> GPLv3 + GCC runtime exception.  I see the version from eglibc you quote above
> is LGPLv2.1.  I also see that the last change is 18 months old.  On the other
> hand, there is only one non-autoconf change in the gcc sources in the same
> period.
>
> The original import is from IBM sources.  Is there somewhere "upstream" at IBM
> that we ought to be importing from instead?

Richard:

I will check with folks inside of IBM here that I have the latest and greatest.

FWIW ... I have about 20 instructions prototyped and running in a test harness
(not QEMU) and comparing results against actual P7/P8 hardware.  So far, this
looks pretty good.  I haven't yet worked through any details of importing the
library
into QEMU.