qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: ioapic polarity vs. qemu os-x guest

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: ioapic polarity vs. qemu os-x guest
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:12:17 +0000

On 16 February 2014 11:34, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hmm no this is all wrong, from API point of view,
> devices shoud not care about value of interrupt.
> They just assert/deassert interrupts.
> It so happens that 1 means assert 0 means deassert.

Yeah, we generally model things as active-high even if the
hardware really treats the signal as active-low. (Among other
things there are some issues around how exactly device reset
should interact with a signal that is supposed to be high coming
out of reset, given you don't know whether the device at the
other end of the line has reset yet or not.)
This is great up until the point where you have a generic
GPIO device one of whose GPIO output lines happens to
be wired to an interrupt controller, of course.

thanks
-- PMM