qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/3] Update seabios to 1.7.4

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/3] Update seabios to 1.7.4
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:23:32 +0000

On 17 February 2014 13:17, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mo, 2014-02-17 at 11:56 +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> It looks like this pull request updates our seabios
>> module to a revision that isn't actually present in
>> git://git.qemu-project.org/seabios.git/. Gerd, do you
>> have a fix for that or should I just revert this?
>
> The seabios mirroring doesn't seem to be automatic (or the automatic
> mirroring is broken).  Usually Anthony updates the seabios.git tree
> manually.
>
> Upstream git repo is git://git.seabios.org/seabios.git
>
> If you have write access to the seabios repo you can just pull latest
> master from seabios.org and push it to qemu-project.org.  If not bug
> anthony about it.

I do have write access, but I'm not completely confident
what the right command line rune to do this is. (It looks
like our mirror of seabios has all its branches and
maybe also tags, so a simple 'push one branch' is probably
wrong). Anthony?

> Or we can update the git submodule url to point the upstream repo
> directly.  Not fully sure this is a good idea from the gpl point of view
> (we ship blobs, so we should ship the source for them too, even if all
> we provide is just a mirror of upstream ...).

Yep, not pointing straight at the upstream repo is deliberate
and for this reason AIUI.

thanks
-- PMM