qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Trying to write a new device / virtio-i2c ?

From: Alex David
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Trying to write a new device / virtio-i2c ?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:33:43 +0100

So you cannot configure the three devices on the same bus, with three different addresses?

Each sensor is different on the original hardware, they are connected on different busses. As my guest apps are calling i2c-1, i2c-2, .... ,i2c-N (and I can't change them), I will need to create those busses...

If you need more than one bus, you need a new device exposing the I2C bus, besides the new sensor devices.  USB-I2C could be one such device.

So let me see if I understood well. USB-I2C (host QEMU device) seems a good idea, I could normally do : qemu-system-i386 -device usb-I2c,chardev=foo -device usb-i2c,chardev=bar -chardev socket,path=/tmp/test0,server,nowait,id=foo -chardev socket,path=/tmp/test1,server,nowait,id=bar.

I need a "USB-I2C guest kernel driver" that would register a bus (i2c-1 for chardev foo, i2c-2 for chardev bar etc...), I guess ?