qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2014-02-18

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2014-02-18
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 00:03:57 +0000

On 18 February 2014 15:05, Juan Quintela <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Maintenance?
> - How is being handling patches for the stable release?
>   CC: stable@  for stable maintance.
> - add documentation about what/how to send patches for stable release
> - Regressions deserve a backport almost always?
> - There is no stable tree public where we see what patches are being
> integrated?
> - How can we make more people additoally to Michael to work with stable
> branches
> - Should we change anynthing?

So the thing I really wanted to get out of this discussion as a result is:
 - People who put the stable branch into distros (or with contacts
   with those who do) to jointly figure out what the criteria are for
   putting a fix into stable, and write the answer on a wiki page
   so submaintainers can apply a reasonably consistent approach

thanks
-- PMM