qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Questions about timer

From: Xuebing Wang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Questions about timer
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:46:04 +0800

Hi Community,

I am new to qemu, I am trying to familiarize myself with aarch64 timer/interrupt support (maybe someone already did this, but not merged into mainline yet).

As shown in include/qemu/timer.h, there are 6 categories of APIs:
- QEMUClockType
- QEMUTimerList
- QEMUTimerListGroup
- QEMUTimer
- General utility functions
- Low level clock functions

I have a few questions:

Q1) All QEMUTimerList functions are private to qemu-timer.c. Can we make them static and remove them from include/qemu/timer.h because they are NOT APIs?

Q2) The implementation of other categories of API functions are kind of inter-wined, does it make sense to re-organize them in qemu-timer.c, and make them strictly follow the sequence in include/qemu/timer.h?

Q3) Below functions are NOT implemented in qemu-timer.c, but declared in include/qemu/timer.h, should we address this?
- qemu_clock_warp
- timer_get and timer_put
- cpu_get_ticks, cpu_enable_ticks, cpu_disable_ticks

Q4) Do we need this API qemu_clock_get_main_loop_timerlist?

--
Thanks,
Xuebing Wang