qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for testing QEMU aarch64-linux-user emulation

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for testing QEMU aarch64-linux-user emulation
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:46:00 +0000

On 25 February 2014 13:33, Michael Matz <address@hidden> wrote
> The biggest road-block is that signal vs syscall handling is
> fundamentally broken in linux-user and it's unfixable without
> assembler implementations of the syscall caller.

I'm not entirely sure it's possible to fix even with
hand-rolled assembly, to be honest.

However there are a bunch of bugfixes in your tree
which it would be really nice to see upstreamed:
the sendmmsg patch, for instance. We can at least
get the aarch64 support to the same level as the
32 bit arm linux-user setup, which is genuinely
useful to people despite the well known races and
locking issues.

thanks
-- PMM