qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for testing QEMU aarch64-linux-user emulation

From: Janne Grunau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for testing QEMU aarch64-linux-user emulation
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:11:03 +0100

On 2014-02-25 15:54:37 +0000, Alex Bennée wrote:

> >> Feedback I'm interested in
> >> ==========================
> >>
> >> * Any instruction failure (please include the log line with the
> >>   unsupported message)
> >
> > Neon support is not complete enough to run the hand written neon
> > assembler optimizations in libav. Currently failing on narrowing shifts.
> <snip>
>
> Have you got the log file "unsupported" line? I seem to recall you did
> ping me but maybe it was just on IRC? I just want to make sure I
> do the right ones. I'm working on this now.

We spoke on irc about it. a quick test commenting unsupported
instructions out revealed that rshrn/2, sqrshrun and shrn/2 are
the only NEON instructions used in libav still missing support
in qemu master. Unsoppurted lines from qemu master 0459650d94d1
below.

target-arm/translate-a64.c:6884: unsupported instruction encoding 0x0f0a8e10 at
pc=00000000008632c8
target-arm/translate-a64.c:6884: unsupported instruction encoding 0x2f0b8f9c at
pc=0000000000865764
target-arm/translate-a64.c:6884: unsupported instruction encoding 0x0f0a8610 at
pc=0000000000863afc

Janne