qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/4] Add l2ctlr cp register to CPUARMState

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/4] Add l2ctlr cp register to CPUARMState
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:07:18 +0000

On 26 February 2014 09:17, alvise rigo <address@hidden> wrote:
> This was a polite way to alter the value of the register in order to not
> fail the
> migration when KVM migrates a value different from the TCG one.
> KVM in particular does not set the irq bit while TCG does.

You mean the "interrupt controller" bit 23? That seems like a bug
in the KVM emulation of this register which should be fixed in KVM.
Alternatively if it's a documentation error and the actual hardware
A15 doesn't set this bit (ie if it's not set when you're running outside
KVM) then we should fix the TCG emulation not to set the bit.

thanks
-- PMM