qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 4/4] Relevant changes to enable KVM to TCG migrati

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 4/4] Relevant changes to enable KVM to TCG migration
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:33:15 +0000

On 26 February 2014 10:27, alvise rigo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Improvements of cpreg emulation apart, we will still need to tackle
> with the great amount of registers not migrated because generated
> by a wildcarded register; some of these registers are in fact migrated
> by KVM. I think that the idea of keeping a reference
> to the generator register (i.e. the only register which is migrated in a
> wildcarded case) could be considered to handle the migration.

These probably need to be fixed by being actually implemented in
TCG. If there's a register which we wildcard on TCG that means
we should usually fail the incoming migration, because the guest
might be actually using that register for something and we would
just be dropping the state in migration if we allowed the migration
to succeed.

thanks
-- PMM