qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] qemu-sparc: CG3 framebuffer plus misc sun4m fixe

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] qemu-sparc: CG3 framebuffer plus misc sun4m fixes
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:46:52 +0000

On 26/02/14 18:45, Peter Maydell wrote:

On 25 February 2014 11:50, Mark Cave-Ayland
<address@hidden>  wrote:
Hi Peter,

This branch contains updates for SPARC, particularly a new implementation of
the CG3 framebuffer as
reviewed on list, plus timer/hostid fixes from Olivier. Please pull.

Hi. This fails to build on 32 bit, I'm afraid:

/root/qemu/hw/display/cg3.c: In function 'cg3_reg_write':
/root/qemu/hw/display/cg3.c:202:5: error: format '%lx' expects
argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type
'uint64_t' [-Werror=format]

Ah I see. Looks like I accidentally used a direct format identifier rather than one of the standard format macros which is what caused the breakage on a different architecture.

I've just updated my qemu-sparc branch with an updated version which uses HWADDR_PRIx for displaying addresses and PRIx64 for displaying the 64-bit value field for those 2 lines in question which should resolve it.

   http://github.com/mcayland/qemu.git qemu-sparc

PS: if you could be consistent with the URL you use in pull
requests that would be nice; I have you recorded as https://...
(not a big deal, but it means my cut-n-paste "apply this"
doesn't work and I have to tweak it by hand.)

Yes, my fault entirely. I sent pull request remotely in order to submit it before freeze and obviously made a typo. I'll resubmit a PULLv2 shortly which will have the correct URL.

Many thanks,

Mark.