qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Request for openhackware.git mirror

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Request for openhackware.git mirror
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 21:41:04 +0100

Hello Stefan,

We have a file pc-bios/ppc_rom.bin in qemu.git, used by PReP emulation,
to which we do not have available the full GPL source code. I would like
to replace the current file with a new binary built from original
OpenHack'Ware sources plus our pc-bios/ohw.diff plus build fixes plus
workaround for the unknown delta between v0.4.1+ohw.diff and Jocelyn's
ppc_rom.bin: http://repo.or.cz/w/openhackware.git is finally building
for me [1] and seems to be working as before.

Can you please set up an openhackware.git mirror on git.qemu.org for my
git://repo.or.cz/openhackware.git so that we can properly integrate the
sources as a submodule before I exchange the binary?

Next steps would then be to agree on an approach to blow the binary up
from 512 KiB to 1 MiB (proposals by Hervé and Alex) and then continue
with Hervé's Raven PHB patches with a view to making both ppc_rom.bin
and openbios-ppc testable in 2.0 until we can hopefully switch to
OpenBIOS some time after.

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] Using `make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-elf-` works for GCC 4.8.2 and
binutils 2.24; I did not find a solution for my identically versioned
CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-eabi- setup (that I had been successfully using
for OpenBIOS), lacking an __eabi symbol on final ld.