qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 transport

From: Anton Ivanov (antivano)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 transport
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 08:49:54 +0000

On 04/03/14 15:53, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 03/04/2014 08:22 AM, Anton Ivanov (antivano) wrote:
>> Apologies, missed to diff the json definitions.
>>
>> Attached.
>>
> Missing a commit message and a Signed-off-by line, so it can't be
> applied as-is.  Also, we prefer inline patches (as sent by 'git
> send-email') over attached patches; I suggest using 'git send-email' to
> first send the patches to yourself to make sure your settings are correct.

Hi Eric,

I had a look at that - we are happy to use it once and after the
contribution is accepted.

Once that happens we will re-import the final accepted version on a new
branch and orphan our old branch(es). From there onwards we can submit
inline patches generated using git-send-email.

Prior to that it is inappropriate - this tool discloses revision history
which is prior to the version which has been approved for external
release. There is no way I can get an approval for that.

I do not quite see the value for an initial contribution as well. We are
not providing bugfixes or an incremental patch on top of an existing
qemu feature. We are providing something which is new and self-contained.

Brdgs,

A.