qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit

From: Anton Ivanov (antivano)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 11:20:02 +0000

Hi all,

This is a functional driver which will interoperate versus most L2TPv3
implementations. It cannot be split into smaller patches - this is an
entire transport.

It will get one small incremental update at a later date. Some broken
l2tpv3 implementations require a counter field but do not process it
correctly so for them you need a special workaround - keep the counter
field always at zero (this unfortunately includes at least some versions
of the l2tpv3 stack in the linux kernel).

I believe I have addressed most comments so far. If I have missed
something I apologize. The only one I cannot address is the possible
mis-aligned access faults for header checks on platforms that may
penalize it. I do not know the right qemu way of doing that.

Best Regards,

A.