qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit

From: Anton Ivanov (antivano)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:10:11 +0000

ire transport.

>> [snip]
>>
>> Please see http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch - in particular
>> the patch should be sent as inline text rather than as attachment (so
>> that we can comment inline on it), also it is missing a Signed-off-by
>> (without it patches cannot get accepted) and the commit message should
>> be suitable for committing. Any other text can go into a cover letter
>> 0/1 or below --- line. You also forgot to CC the net maintainer.
> Besides the guidelines on the wiki a quick tip:
>
> Dry run git-send-email(1) by sending to your own email address first.
> Pick patch at random on the QEMU mailing list and compare whether the
> structure/style matches yours.

I tried :) It will not play nicely with a davmail + exchange combo (at
least in my config). Throws all kind of weird and wonderful errors. At
some point, I will look at it and fix it, but not today - it proved
easier to get it to work versus my personal email server.

I just finished re-subscribing from my own address, a patch resubmission
will follow shortly.

> Once you're ready, send to address@hidden and CC
> address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
> address@hidden
Thanks, will do shortly.

> If you get stuck, feel free to hop on #qemu on irc.oftc.net and we can
> chat about how to configure git-send-email(1).

I unstuck myself by choosing not to use corporate infra for the official
contribution sponsor which is not ideal. If I have the time I will look
through the use of the perl smtp module in git-send and fix it.

A.