qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:26:48 +0100

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Anton Ivanov (antivano)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I unstuck myself by choosing not to use corporate infra for the official
> contribution sponsor which is not ideal. If I have the time I will look
> through the use of the perl smtp module in git-send and fix it.

Don't worry, git preserves the @cisco.com authorship even if you send
it via a private email address.  The important thing is that the git
commit was made with your Cisco identity.

In the past I had issues with an SMTP server that used TLS but didn't
do authentication.  git-send-email(1) couldn't handle that and I had
to hack the Perl script to skip the username/password part :(.

Anyway, what's the point of decentralized development if you're tied
to centralized corporate infrastructure? :-)

Stefan