qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Looking for project ideas and mentors for Goo

From: Cedric Bosdonnat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Looking for project ideas and mentors for Google Summer of Code 2014
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:56:51 +0100

Hi Stefan, Christian,

On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 10:16 +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> > I am not applying as a student and I am not offering myself as a mentor (I
> > do not qualify as a mentor), I Just wanted to point out a possible
> > interesting
> > (and challenging) project.
> > I am afraid it would be too challenging for a 12 weeks projects, but I'll
> > let you
> > decide that.
>
> Agreed, it seems like it could be too much for someone new to libvirt
> and containers.  But definitely an exciting feature idea.

I don't know how you're usually handling those sort of things, but in
LibreOffice project we have just created a GenialIdeas page for ideas
lacking mentors, or a slightly too big for GSoc... so that interested
people can pick it later. On a mailing list, that idea is likely to be
lost sooner or later ;)

--
Cedric