qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: SMBIOS: Build full smbios tables

From: Gabriel L. Somlo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: SMBIOS: Build full smbios tables
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 19:40:50 -0400

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 08:18:11PM +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> On 03/09/14 03:57, Gabriel L. Somlo wrote:
> > I'd like to get the rest of what SeaBIOS builds by default (types 3+)
> > in before the 2.0 freeze (BTW, how much longer do I have for that?),
>
> The hard freeze is on March 12th. <http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.0>

I guess that's doable, unless reviews also have to be done by then, in
which case it's out of my hands :)

> > but while I start hacking on that I figured I'd help you help me by
> > making it easy to review what I have so far... :)
>
> My review queue is too long again, so I might not be overly quick...

Tangentially related, do any of you know of the best/fastest way to
grab the "CPUX86State *env" of (one of) the x86 CPU (about to be)
configured for the current guest ?

I have to populate these type 4 fields like so:

        processor_id[0] = env->cpuid_version;
        processor_id[1] = env=>features[FEAT_1_EDX];

and I'm a bit lost as to where (and whether) this stuff is available
from anywhere at the time the smbios initialization code is being
executed...

SeaBIOS has the luxury of executing the CPUID instruction from within
guest context and using the returned %eax and %edx, but I'm hoping
there's a shortcut from the host side :)

Thanks,
--Gabriel