qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] armv8 support in qemu

From: Gaurav Sharma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] armv8 support in qemu
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:54:07 +0530

What all is supported in the initial code for full system emulation ?
I am trying to bring up u-boot, which will require a minimal functionality. But in the file [target-arm/cpu64.c] this piece of code raises some questions to me :

static const ARMCPUInfo aarch64_cpus[] = {
#ifdef CONFIG_USER_ONLY
    { .name = "any",         .initfn = aarch64_any_initfn },
#endif
    { .name = NULL }
};

1. Is there any place else from where we are initializing aarch64 ?
2. In the folder [/hw/arm] I do not see any machine type initializing aarch64 core ?

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:

Gaurav Sharma <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I just wanted to know what is the current status armv8 support in qemu ?
> After initial look into the source code i see the support for user mode.
> Even though aarch64-softmmu is supported in the target list, i do not see
> any corresponding code for init in target-arm/cpu64.c.

Initial support is already in and the latest set of patches which get
you to boot a kernel to user-space is currently on this very list for review.

Cheers,

--
Alex Bennée
QEMU/KVM Hacker for Linaro