qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hello from a new comer

From: Edgar Simon
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hello from a new comer
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:09:38 +0100

Hi everybody,

As a newcomer at qemu-devel, I would like to  introduce myself to you. I am an engineer student in embedded systems. I already worked with qemu for school projects. However I never contributed to qemu or to another open source project.

I think qemu is a powerful and convenient emulator. I would like to contribute to it. First because it's a nice project which deals about things I like  : computer architecture, emulation, C language... Second because I am eager to learn more in these fields and gain practical experience. Third because I need to use qemu for some emulation that currently does not exist yet (from what I know).

What I would like to do is to do is to be able to emulate the STM32L platform (it's a ARM CortexM3 based micro-controller).

I know it seems ambitious, but I want to try it. I saw that other cortexM3 platforms were already emulated in qemu. I think I will start from there and check for the implementation of the existing peripherals to gain knowledge about how to do the same thing for the STM32L specific peripherals.

What do you think? Do you find that it's a right start-point?

Best Regards
Edgar Simon