qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SMBIOS (Set of 10 patches)

From: Gabriel L. Somlo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SMBIOS (Set of 10 patches)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:56:07 -0400

Hi,

This patch set builds full smbios tables in QEMU, and sends them to
the bios via fw_cfg as SMBIOS_TABLE_ENTRY blobs.

I'm resending these without the "In-Reply-To" line to avoid having
them getting buried under a bunch of other email, per Stefan's
suggestion in an unrelated thread. Also cc-ing Alex and Markus as
the original authors of the QEMU smbios.c file.

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:03:32AM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> So, if we manage to get the patches into shape in time for qemu 2.0 your
> way to do that is fine.  We are pretty close to the 2.0 freeze though,
> so maybe we should better plan for post-2.0 anyway, especially as you
> plan to add more tables.

Hopefully it's not too late, and the patches are in good enough shape :)

I'd still like to get types 19, 20, 32, and 127 build in QEMU, but
that change wouldn't be visible to guests, and therefore could probably
be put in later.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
--Gabriel