qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SMBIOS (Set of 10 patches)

From: Gabriel L. Somlo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SMBIOS (Set of 10 patches)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:17:25 -0400

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:55:13AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 03/10/2014 10:56 AM, Gabriel L. Somlo wrote:
>
> Not quite right.  The cover letter should not have In-Reply-To, but the
> remaining patches SHOULD be in-reply-to the cover letter.  That is, you
> don't want to create 11 top-level threads:
>
> 0/10
> 1/10
> 2/10
> 10/10
>
> but instead create 1 top-level thread with all patches under the cover
> letter:
>
> 0/10
> |- 1/10
> |- 2/10
> |- 10/10

OK, so I screwed up, now what ? Should I re-send the 10 patches
in-reply-to the existing cover letter, or leave it be for now to
avoid further spamming the list ?

> 'qemu send-email -10 --annotate --cover-letter' defaults to the proper
> threading, along with letting you modify your cover letter in your
> editor before actually sending.

That sounds awesome, but there's no "send-email" script under my
qemu/scripts folder (using latest git). Where would I get this from?
(The qemu-system-i386 binary itself doesn't have this as an
"easter-egg" addition, neither is it in qemu-kvm-tools.rpm :)

TIA for the clue,
--Gabriel