qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Coverity scan successes

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Coverity scan successes
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:47:04 +0100

Il 17/03/2014 10:31, Kevin Wolf ha scritto:

Am 14.03.2014 um 13:20 hat Paolo Bonzini geschrieben:
> Of course, the defect density varies across subsystems:
>
>                                    ratio           # defects
>    SLIRP                           2.86            20
>    9pfs/virtio-9p                  1.69            16
>    Bluetooth                       1.31            6
>    NBD                             1.31            2
>    User-mode emulation             0.84            25
>    Block layer                     0.66            25
How would I get access to the Coverity results?

You ask. :)

I feel the block layer
is scoring a bit too high here... :-)

Well, five of those are simply new unchecked uses of strstart that Coverity complains about and I've muted them so you're already down to 0.5. :)

Most of the problems are overflows caused by int32 multiplications (such as number of sectors * 512, or number of clusters * clusters per sector) before casting to int64. Many of them probably cannot really happen, because one of the factor is small and related to the size of an L2 table; for example the number of sectors could be the size of an L2 table, or the number of clusters could be the number of entries in an L2 table.

Paolo