qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to understand the coroutine context?

From: Leandro Dorileo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to understand the coroutine context?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 13:57:17 +0000

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 07:56:16AM +0800, Le Tan wrote:
> Hi, I am diving into the source code of qemu. I see the word
> "coroutine" appears in so many places. I can't figure out what it
> means. So, please, can anyone help me, telling me the mechanism or
> semantic of "coroutine"? Thanks!

If you want to understand the coroutine technique itself take a look
at this page[1], the're two references that may be helpfull.

A friend of mine has described[2] his view on implementing coroutine,
this may be helpfull as well.

[1] - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/coroutines.html
[2] -
http://tia.mat.br/blog/html/2012/09/29/asynchronous_i_o_in_c_with_coroutines.html