qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu freezes while writing into coprocesso r register

From: prqek
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu freezes while writing into coprocesso r register
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:42:30 +0100

Hi,
I was sending this to the Qemu-discuss list, but this one seems to be a better
choice.
I am trying to build u-boot for pxa261 processor. I`m trying to run it on qemu
(1.7.0), but it is not working. When the execution gets to assembler code
mcr p15, 0, r0, c9, c1, 1, qemu freezes. I tried to debug this, and it seems to
be somehow looping in sctlr_write function (from target-arm/helper.c). Here I
am lost, because I can`t find any loop, which could cause this.

I also tried qemu 1.7.90 and it also freezes, but without the loop, at least in
sctlr_write function

The u-boot assembler code comes from the u-boot for pxa255 and the same thing
happens
if I choose pxa255 for emulation, so suppose that is a bug in qemu. Any idea
what
could be wrong?

Thanks

P.