qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qcow file does not mount

From: Atlas Khan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qcow file does not mount
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:06:31 +0500

I am doing a task in which I have to enter some data which is in a directory in qcow/qcow2 file. The thing I want to ask is that how can I do this if I have boot looder or  guest system in a directory rather than in iso file. I try to make a qcow image and mount it on my file system.
Process for mounting which i m following is

$ modprobe nbd max_part=63
$ qemu-nbd -c /dev/nbd0 image.img
$ mount /dev/nbd0p1 /mnt/image

I have a qcow file of malta mips. If run these commands on malta mips qcow file, It mount it. But if i try to mount a qcow file created by following command

qemu-img create -f qcow2 test.qcow2 10G

it give following error

mount: special device /dev/nbd0p1 does not exist

can any one help me how can I write some data in qcow or mount my qcow file.