qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU working

From: Mohammed Umar Shaikh Habib Ali
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU working
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:20:14 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
  I am interested in finding out steps taken by QEMU when it emulates a
Sparc V8 processor architecture and boots an OS. I was following the
source-code directly and was directly tracing it, but this seems to be
the tougher job and i have no result till now.
  So can you please tell me what are all the steps taken by QEMU when it
emulates Sparc or any general processor. Or you can give me some
documentation or some write-up other than source-code. Or you can guide
me to trace the source-code in proper way so that I can understand what
are all things done by QEMU, like communicating with host OS, host
hardware, guest processor code, I/O calls, etc.
   Any kind of information or help will be very useful.

Thanks and Regards,
Mohammed Umar Shaikh
M.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
IIT Bombay.