qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] hmp interface for kdump compressed format

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] hmp interface for kdump compressed format
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 01:22:33 +0000

On 03/27/2014 01:04 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:

>> >  AFAIK, kdump-compressed format can only be analyzed by crash-utility right
>> >  now. ELF is big but we still need it, then begin/length will help us save
>> >  time and space when only part of the memory is need.
>> >
>> >  IMHO, a new HMP command will be a good choice and it is more simple than
>> >  making dump format 'stateful'. I am not so clear about HMP, but I think
>> >  the new HMP command can be 'dump-guest-memory-with-format', and still
>> >  base on qmp_dump_guest_memory. If you guys like it, I will send a patch
>> >  that add this command.
> Paolo encouraged you to*break*  the existing HMP command instead of
> adding a new one.  I'd like to second that.
> .

Hello markus,

I have finish my patch as I stated in my last mail, but something is
wrong with my mail server, I have to wait a couple of days before
sending the patch. You said you prefer *breaking* the existing HMP
command. Since paging/begin/length is still usefull, would you please
give some reason and I will consider that.

--
Regards
Qiao Nuohan